Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility
Northern Bear promotes social responsibility in all aspects of its business by:
- Ensuring that we have procedures in place to minimise the impact of Northern Bear on the environment
- Committing to promoting social inclusion and equality of access to employment and promotion opportunities
- Supporting sustainable local economic development
- Embedding ethical practices in all our trading and procurement.
Establish sound environmental management by:
- Taking competent advice on a regular basis regarding compliance and new developments
- Putting in place company procedures that meet or improve on relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice
- Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular management review
- Considering any environmental issues in the company decision-making processes
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we recognise our mutual environmental responsibilities
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
Provide for the effective use of resources by:
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses for byproducts whenever economically viable
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the group’s operations.